Monday, May 10, 2010

Please don't bother

I can't believe I read Anything for You Ma'am by Tushar Raheja till the end. I'm a bit ashamed even to admit that. It's so awful. I never read a book so badly written before. The whole narration was very cheap. Gosh, it was horrible. Chetan's seem a lot better compared to this book.

I was repulsed by the beginning paragraph itself and actually attempted a few times to proceed with reading. There is no reason for perusing this novel other than a stupid curiosity about why it has become such a popular title. In retrospection, I didn't really read any positive reviews for it but I guess people are just reading it and falling victims to it as I just did. The IIT saga started by Chetan is definitely an influence. But 'Anything for you Ma'am' is more about love rather than about IIT. It might as well be any other college. The expression, the dialogues and monologues, in fact almost everything sickened me.

I wasted lots of precious time reading it. I'm spending more time writing about it now, just because I felt I should warn other readers out there, who might be considering to try it. My advice: Please don't bother.

No comments: