Saturday, April 24, 2010

Danielle Steel

Phew... Sireesha's enthusiasm is infectious, got me to want to do a book post after a real long time...

Below is an excerpt from the post I had done in my personal blog a while ago with some latest edition...

Authors Website Link

The one thought that comes to my mind whenever I see the rate at which she brings out the bestsellers is "She must be superhuman!!!" She is the one author who I read maximum. The first book I read by her was The Lightening which my mom got me for summer holidays and then whenever I got a chance to read her, I did. But the love affair started only after I came to US and from then on got to read a lot more. My God, some people dont read that many books in a lifetime and there she is churning one after the other at a lightening speed.

For those who haven't read her, she is somewhat like "Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani" of the west, all feel good stories, mostly about women, families, dreams, hopes and happy endings, no-complex word usage, no twists and turns, nothing plain, simple family stories told in her own style.

Was trying to list out what I read so far from the memory
Lightening
Johnny Angel
Sisters
H.R.H.
Coming Out
Zoya
Toxic Bachelors
Amazing Grace
Fine Things
Heartbeat
Jewels
No Greater Love
Vanished
Mixed Blessings
The House
Miracle
Impossible
Echoes
Second Chance
Safe Harbor
Dating Game
Answered Prayers
Sunset in St. Tropez
Lone Eagle
Leap of Faith
Irresistible Forces
Granny Dan
The House on Hope Street
Family Album
The Ring
Bitter Sweet
The Klone and I
The Ranch
Special Delivery
Malice
The Gift
Wings
Accident
Changes
Crossings....

phew, this must be my maximum read author looking at the loong list :)).

******** (End of flicked text from my personal post)*********


If you are one reader looking just for fun, no sense, no logic, goody goody happy endings, Mills and Boon kind of books with good English and sweet characters and a happy world, she is just the right one for you.

I love her work for her simplicity.. typical lady who is caught in a storm, rescues herself and finally finds peace and victory with family or the man in her life is her protagonist. Not a superwoman, just an everyday woman, reading her book is like watching old 70s family movies.

1 comment:

Sireesha said...

I personally don't really enjoy this genre but got to read three of Danielle's books. The Gift, Miracle and A Perfect Stranger. I liked only The Gift!
Well, the author's success cannot be denied and her books are good emotional bundles.