Sunday, April 25, 2010

Telugu Short Stories


It has always been my pleasure to read Telugu literature. I especially like the short stories in the magazines. I feel that they reflect the current values and society in general. The story in Eenadu's weekly magazine is my all-time favorite. I'm amazed by how the the quality of the stories is maintained over the decades.

I also don't miss any opportunity to read more stories from any of the leading weekly or monthly magazines. One of the Eenadu group's many contributions is Vipula, which presents stories translated from different languages in India and abroad. It gives varied exposure to different forms of writing and different social and cultural values. I also used to love the jokes, which were usually present on almost all pages. Not sure, if the magazine still includes them or not.

In my opinion all these stories in various magazines are much more closer to real life than any other form of fiction.

Enjoy:
Eenadu Sunday Story
One of the Vipula Stories

8 comments:

Sree said...

this one is good.

Sree said...

and yes, vipula still comes with those jokes and tidbits in almost every other page and the stories and the diversity and translation quality everything is very good...

I love Vipula and another one Charita from the same publications... and since I am here right now, I dont miss them.

Sireesha said...

It's Chatura, not Charitha. It publishes a novel every month with a few one page stories. I've added the link to it too under E-Magazines. I don't always like the novels of Chatura :-)

Sree said...

oops typo :).

Haritha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haritha said...

hi, u must visit this URL:
http://poddu.net/
if u don't know abt it already.

And, do you happen to hear about a telugu story writer named :
vijayalakshmi pothuri?

If yes, please tell me the names of books authored by her.

Rustam Sayal said...

books for teenagers Milet Publishing Offer translated books from another language into English. Children's books, short stories books, language learning, books for teenagers & young adult fiction.

Rustam Sayal said...

sarkari naukri For Hire is a new developing website aims to keep short updates to Govt Job Seekers. I you find the contents good and brief. Don't forget to spread the word to your friends.