Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lauren Weisberger


I'm one of those people who don't like chick-lit much. But there are at times when I appreciate a bit matured and well-written chick-lit. However much I claim to hate that genre, I must confess that I do, if only less frequently, relish certain typical ingredients of such literature. Well, I can't help it - I'm a chick myself! But mind you, I don't entertain, at any cost, the frivolous teen novels. One reason may be that I'm past that age and the other may be that I can't relate to a different culture.

Lauren's Devil Wears Prada is perhaps my first encounter with chick-lit and I really loved it. It was amazing. It's about a ambitious girl who aspires to be a writer. She enters the fashion world by grabbing the job of the personal assistant to a very demanding fashion magazine editor, which she hopes would ultimately lead her to her dream job.

I also read her Lauren's other two novels - Everyone Worth Knowing and Chasing Harry Winston. Both are in fact less interesting compared to 'Devil Wears Prada' but 'Chasing Harry Winston' is the worst.

While the backdrop of Devil Wears Prada is Fashion world, the one for Everyone Worth Knowing is hi-fi party circuit (Public Relations). I definitely recommend these two novels. They make good and enjoyable reads!

2 comments:

Sree said...

waiting to lay my hands on it.. Swathi chadivi review pettinappatininchi planning to :).

Sireesha said...

Do read the book before watching the movie. The movie is good too. Maryl Streep was awesome, but the story has been modified a little towards the end.